Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Hawaii home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Hawaii“. The great thing is that we’re able to help many of those sellers sell their houses quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Hawaii Hawaii right now!). There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or an ill relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change of some sort. So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t agonize – organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2, 3, or 4 years, or more. That gets expensive and it certainly doesn’t have to be that way. Although the market is relatively stable right now in Hawaii, things can change quickly. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out and risk what might be coming around the corner. So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Hawaii Hawaii house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Hawaii… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your Oahu house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no-cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able/willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a big one. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for well over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, property tax payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your Oahu house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto your house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interests and barely any going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $500,000… and your mortgage payment is $3,000/mo, taxes $300/mo, $200/mo for insurance, and $150/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, and repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $3,650/mo in “nonequity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $25,550 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $30,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). Totaling $55,550 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, the stress in thinking about the property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $70,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s
say… $440,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Hawaii Hawaii agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay any real estate agent commissions at all… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you have plenty of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love (and real estate).
Most properties are pretty average, though. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common, too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you likely won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point. That’s just how it usually goes.
You may also do well by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to keep control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In some situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems!
Creative solutions can often help bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Can Appraisals Affect The Selling Price On A House In Hawaii?
How Important Is The Asking Price When Selling A House In Hawaii HI?
How To Sell A House Off Market In Hawaii Without A Real Estate Agent
How to Review Seller’s Market Offers in Hawaii
Who Is Oahu Home Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Hawaii?
We’re local Hawaii real estate investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Hawaii homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another. The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell their home fast (we can close in as little as 10 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing their property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in “As Is” condition)
- Need to avoid foreclosure
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Hawaii community. We’re honest, straightforward, and compassionate. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
We can help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Hawaii real estate, so please feel free to call us at (808) 333-3677 and speak with us anytime.